fxp - where and what to buy?

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Wed Sep 8 00:52:40 BST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:09:31 +0100 "Ceri Davies" <ceri at submonkey.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for a pair of fxp supported NICs, and am having some
> problems identifying which chipset to buy (the 82557 seems ubiquitous,
> but comments in if_fxp.c seem to suggest that it's a poor man's fxp),
> nor can I find a supplier.  Does anyone have a recommendation for
> product and supplier?

If i'm not mistaken, fxp is all the Intel ethernet chipsets.

I'm usign lots of Intel 10/100 Server ethernet cards, i found
several ones on ebay for a few quid each. The "Server" models
have some extra hardware features like IPSec and other stuff
but i dont think the fxp driver is capable of utilising them.

Also, both my IBM ThinkPads are using fxp, i think due to
the Intel 10/100 VE ethernet chipset they use.