Offline Dirs

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Fri Sep 3 11:32:03 BST 2004

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:43:19PM -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:35PM +0100, Lee Brotherston wrote:
> > Just hoping to tap the collective knowledge pool for this.  I'm trying=
=20
> > to think of a way to have a directory that I can access as per usual on=
=20
> > a laptop when off-line or on a remote network, etc.  But that will sync=
=20
> > up with a samba or nfs share when sat on the home network (both version=
s=20
> > of the file will not change simultaneously so there is no need for=20
> > merging or anything, timestamps would suffice).
>=20
> Sounds like what Solaris' CacheFS does. However, we ain't got cachefs.

Does cachefs really cope with the backing file system going away?  I ask
because, if it does, then I have a whole new world of stuff I can use it
for.  Do you just mount with demandconst or noconst to get this working?

Ceri
--=20
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6--