Cyrus IMAP hates me

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 22 15:10:21 BST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Sam wrote:

> I realise this may be the wrong list for this question, but I also
> suspect that somebody reading this probably knows the answer...
>
> We're having a bit of trouble with our mail setup: we have postfix
> (2.0.10) handing mail on to Cyrus imapd (2.1.13) via lmtp, and most of
> the time it Just Works. The problem is that mails with uppercase
> characters in the name (i.e. before the '@') get bounced thus:

I just tried this on my postfix/cyrus server using very similar revisions
of both, and appear to have exactly the same problem.  The upside is, I
probably lose a lot of spam this way.  I found the thread on
lmtp_downcase_rcpt, but noticed that my imapd.conf(5) page doesn't mention
it, so maybe it was introduced in a later version of Cyrus?

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research