cvsup.uk.freebsd.org

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Sat Oct 2 01:12:02 BST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:52:02 +0100, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
>     cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org => storm.uk.FreeBSD.org
>
>         Running OK, but frequently reaches the max number of clients

FWIW, I've now bumped the number of clients up to 12, but despite this
machine now having adequate CPU horsepower, network bandwidth & RAM to
go a lot higher, it's i/o challenged with a 5400rpm 9mm disk (running
at 100% all the time according to systat).

If anyone knows of where to get a faster 9mm disk that's qual'd for
24/7 usage I'd be very interested (the machine can only have a 9mm
ATA drive for various reasons).