UK mini-con

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Tue Nov 30 17:27:21 GMT 2004

--GJ7e10BhKqIkML+d

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 05:02:24PM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:43:25 +0000, Paul Richards <paul at originative.co.uk=
> wrote:
> > What are people's thoughts about starting an annual mini-con?
> >=20
> > This would be a a semi-formal event, along the lines of the one we
> > had in Oxford a few years ago i.e., we have formal sessions during
> > the day but we just find a local bar at night and people sort out
> > their own accomodation. Cost would basically be a collection to
> > cover room hire if necessary.
> >=20
> > I'm thinking that around Easter would be a good time since it's
> > half way between the EuroBSD Con. Probably not Easter w/e itself
> > but maybe during the academic break which possibly gives us the
> > opportunity to use Uni resources.
> >=20
> > Paul.
>=20
> Possible locations seem to be South Wales, Manchester, Cambridge (speak
> up guys!!) and Oxford.  Personally, I like the idea of a weekend event
> that costs as little as possible.

I really want to organize something in the new Wales Millenium Centre.
Being Wales though, not only did we fail to open it until almost 2005,
but all the road signs with the directions on have just been placed on
the floor by the side of the road, and nobody has thought to update the
website now that it's open (the "live" web cam still shows that sunny
day that we had back in, ooh, July was it?).

So failing that, what the hell, I'll go anywhere else that will let us
in.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--GJ7e10BhKqIkML+d

--GJ7e10BhKqIkML+d--