Any fetchmail(1) gurus here?

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 20:27:14 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 20:00, Mark Ovens wrote:
> I thought that this was going to be simple, but it hasn't worked out
> that way.
>
> I've got postfix, fetchmail and courier-imap running on a FreeBSD 4.10
> machine.
>
> I'm simply trying to get fetchmail(1) to pull mails to two users from a
> single ISP mailserver - separate mailboxes, but bounce any that aren't
> addressed to the recipient - i.e. spam.

I'm not at all sure fetchmail does this.  I suggest procmail to handle
this kind of thing.  I am famous for being wrong however, and an ready
to stand corrected.

> Using this .fetchmailrc
>
> poll pop.myisp.com protocol POP3
>          user marko with pass "xxxxx" is user mark here
>          user maureeno with pass "yyyyy" is user maureen here

But there is a syntax error here, remove the second 'user' e.g.

	   user maureeno with pass "yyyyy" is maureen here

[...]
--
The world is coming to an end--save your buffers!