5.3

John Seago johnseago at two-ravens.org.uk
Sat Nov 13 18:35:07 GMT 2004

I have reinstalled 5.3, this time from the CD I made, again there seem to
be large chunks of the process missing from the install of 4.10 which was
what it replaced. However I was not particularly impressed with that, as
it ran about as quickly as treacle from the 'fridge. I had installed the
4.10, as I am attempting to install the 5.3 by the method recommended on
page 70 > 71 of "The Complete FreeBSD" of 4gig for / 512mb for swap and
11gig+ for /home. Again all comments welcomed and thanks expressed in
advance. I can install and operate Slackware, so why is FreeBSD proving so
awkward? I wouldn't go as far to say that I was competent at operating
Slackware, but I can get email and news to work, and print the results
which is all I want from FreeBSD. (The foregoing being the case I wanted
the full KDE so opted for the ftp install, initially, to avoid KDE Lite).
--
John Seago
Linux User #219566 (http://counter.li.org)