Multiple instances of Apache

Lee Brotherston lee at nerds.org.uk
Thu Nov 11 21:41:16 GMT 2004

David Jenkins wrote:
> I would like to have 2 instances of Apache installed on the same
> machine. My reasons for doing this are so that I can test PHP4 and
> PHP5.

Rather than trying to worry about maintaining two copies of apache...
It might be easier to just install apache once and have two different
configs, one which loads the php4 mod and one which loads php5?  That
way you don't have to worry about package management for apache or php,
only fiddling the startup scripts to start both copies with different
configs.

Just a thought

   Lee