4.9 or 5.2.1

Geffy geffy at geffychan.co.uk
Thu May 13 13:14:09 BST 2004

I have been using 5.2.1 on a server of similar specs without any
problems at all. But 4.9 is still the recommended production release.

You can always check to see which one will support your hardware
FreeBSD 4.9 -
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html
FreeBSD 5.2.1 - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware-i386.html

Also if by "somewhere i can check sites are working" you mean a browser
to make sure that apache is serving pages then you could use lynx or
elinks and check the sites via the console.

Hope this is the sort of info you were looking for,
Geoff