Delay sendmail?

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Mon May 10 08:31:25 BST 2004

On 9 May 2004 at 23:54, Grant wrote:

>  dont quite follow on that DNS thing you said about, would that get rid of it
> trying to lookup things at startup even if the network card isnt up yet?

I must admit one other significant thing I tend to do. Has a small
performance disadvantage but on the other hand you can edit the
configuration any time. I tend to run exim from inetd and not in daemon
mode. That's guaranteed to sort the startup problem because it doesn't.
Still causes no dialup when it does get run though.

Jon