Delay sendmail?

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Sun May 9 20:42:01 BST 2004

I expect Frank is right about sendmail wanting to do a DNS lookup or
similar.

One of the reasons I have always replaced sendmail with exim is that
sendmail seems to want to do DNS lookups when there is no good reason to
do so triggering an on-demand dialup. Things like flushing an empty mail
queue or handling local mail. On a slightly unreliable mostly-up ISDN
link I've had users of Outlook(Express) unable to send mail because
sendmail won't even let stuff into the queue if it can't look up
something or other. Pain in the ass.

(The other reason being that I just can't get on with sendmail
configuration.)

Jon