JAVA?

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Mon May 3 12:35:43 BST 2004

Paul Civati wrote:

>Grant <orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org> wrote:
>

>>So, does anyone know where i might find a new version of java for
>>freebsd, or an alternative to the mail server i want to use.
>>

>You can compile it from source (which I have successfully done for
>JDK 1.3.1) but my recent attempt with 1.4.x on 4.7 failed (this was
>probably due to a required o/s patch that I wasn't in a position
>to install).  (It's not a small build though as I recall).
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/java/
>

>>or an alternative to the mail server i want to use.
>>

>Depends on your reasons for wanting to use desknow?
>
>-Paul-

Cheers, I will try that compile of java.

The reason for me wanting to use desknow as a mail server is so i dont
have to have lots of little programs doing the job, i wanted one big
program that would do every for me, POP3, SMTP and webmail in one, but
desknow is the only one i can find that is quite simple to use and install.

If there is other ones that do, do that let me know please :-)

Thanks again
Grant.