JAVA?

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Mon May 3 11:57:02 BST 2004

Grant <orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org> wrote:

> So, does anyone know where i might find a new version of java for
> freebsd, or an alternative to the mail server i want to use.

You can compile it from source (which I have successfully done for
JDK 1.3.1) but my recent attempt with 1.4.x on 4.7 failed (this was
probably due to a required o/s patch that I wasn't in a position
to install).  (It's not a small build though as I recall).

http://www.freebsd.org/java/

> or an alternative to the mail server i want to use.

Depends on your reasons for wanting to use desknow?

-Paul-