breach of bsd logo copyright

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Sat May 1 00:38:23 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 19:27, Aled Morris wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Dimitrios wrote:
>
> >I think i found a blatant breach of copyright.
> >
> >Today i walked in a pub which has one of those stupid
> >condom vending machines in the toilet.
> >
> >The machine is red with a large bsd devil on the front.

How similar is this image? If it's a direct rip off of the artwork then
it would be a copyright violation but Kirk doesn't own the rights to all
daemon images.

Kirk secured the rights to John Lasseters artwork. A slightly different
looking daemon was used and is copyrighted by Usenix designed by Phil
Foglio. Daemon artwork exists from many other sources as well of course
e.g. Wasabi's daemonesque Ninja.

Paul.