Anti virus question

Dave Tiger dave at tigeri.com
Fri Mar 26 08:26:08 GMT 2004

Hi List,

I am looking for a solution to catch and deal with virus laden emails =
sent
to or from my FreeBSD email box.

Server Details:

FreeBSD 4.7 stable
Postfix 2.06 (working with no probs for over a year now)
Cyrus 2.1.11 SASL (Again over a years worth of fault free service)
Delivering mail for about 1000 users

Top averages 0.01 (don=92t know if that=92s useful)

I want to add a global (non user specific) virus protection solution to =
my
box but I am very, very confused on what should be installed, used and
relevant config changes.

As I understand it so far I have to install a virus scanner and a filter
prog to achieve what I want, is that so.

Can the list suggest a solution for me and some guidance or url pointers =
installation and config help.

Some step by step instruction would really be helpful.

Is it better to stick with a port solution or compile from source?

I am understandably nervous mucking about with a live, fully working =
system,
so please be patient with what may be some basic future questions.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give.

Dave C

---