A shaggy dog story?

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 00:06:27 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:37:19PM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:

> I took SWMBO's car in today to have a couple of new tyres fitted. Whilst
> I was waiting for it, a young lady brought her car in for new tyres as
> well and she had her dog with her.
>
> What's this got to do with FreeBSD you might wonder? Well, normally,
> nothing, except that this dog was called Linux! I kid you not; I thought
> I'd misheard her the first time she called it.
>
> Unfortunately she didn't wait around while her car was done so I didn't
> get the chance to enquire further. Was she a Linux user, or just like
> the name? If she was a Linux user I would have suggeted that she tried
> FreeBSD, but then she'd have to rename the dog Beastie (or Chuck).
>
> I did wonder as she and the dog walked off whether she had a
> pooper-scooper to clear up all it's core dumps ;-)

If the dog's called Linux it must be a mongrel ;)

I also hope Stallman doesn't meet this owner and her dog or he'd demand
that she change it's name to GNU/Linux and some unpleasantness might
ensue.

--

 Frank

   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

     Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to
"harder" items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter and even cold cuts.