A shaggy dog story?

Mark Ovens mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Wed Mar 17 18:37:19 GMT 2004

I took SWMBO's car in today to have a couple of new tyres fitted. Whilst
I was waiting for it, a young lady brought her car in for new tyres as
well and she had her dog with her.

What's this got to do with FreeBSD you might wonder? Well, normally,
nothing, except that this dog was called Linux! I kid you not; I thought
I'd misheard her the first time she called it.

Unfortunately she didn't wait around while her car was done so I didn't
get the chance to enquire further. Was she a Linux user, or just like
the name? If she was a Linux user I would have suggeted that she tried
FreeBSD, but then she'd have to rename the dog Beastie (or Chuck).

I did wonder as she and the dog walked off whether she had a
pooper-scooper to clear up all it's core dumps ;-)

Regards,

Mark