adsl modem recommendations please

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 12:22:31 GMT 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Andrew wrote:

>I'm looking for precisely the same thing for my BT (aaaarrrgh...) ADSL lin=
e,
>just a simple interface that will talk the DSL language and provide me wit=
>a straghtforward external interface to then NAT my internal network. Does
>such a solution exist? I'm using a Netgear router at the minute, and it
>won't simply pass traffic through to the external interface on my firewall=
=2E
>I'm open to tips if there's a simple answer to this, cable was so simple..=
=2E

When I built a FreeBSD ADSL router for a friend I used one of the old BT
supplied "stingray" (Alcatel SpeedTouch) USB modems.

Worked a treat.

=A320 buy-it-now's on ebay too, so they are cheap.

Aled
--=20
        ++  Fast, affordable, server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++
        ++               http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/                ++