adsl modem recommendations please

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 11:11:29 GMT 2004

Paul Civati <paul at xciv.org> wrote:

>John Murphy <jfm at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Any recommendations for (preferably) an internal PCI modem
>> that FreeBSD will readily drive?  I'll go for an external
>> one if you think that would be best.
>
>I'm on BY but if/when I move to ADSL I'd probably look at a Vigor
>router.

Thanks Paul, but I don't need all the features they seem to offer.
I don't even want NAT.  I want the WAN IP on the LAN side so BSD
can do all the firewall/NAT functions; this seems to be variously
called "half bridge mode", "static and RIP-1/2 routing" or from
DrayTek's Vigor Router Comparison I guess it's part of the "Non-
NAT, Multi-NAT SNMP / RIP Static Routing & Radius" option...

--=20
John.