XDMCP Broadcast

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 17:52:15 GMT 2004

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 05:39:15PM +0000, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> I've managed to get the xdm login screen up, but when I login im presente=
d=20
> with a Session Menu window the only option I have is to choose=20
> Default/FailSafe which takes me back to the login screen

That's just the default X session -- you can create a
${HOME}/.xsession script to run whatever X applications you require
for your desktop.  About the simplest thing you can do is just run a
window manager -- something like:

    #!/bin/sh

    exec /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker

but there are various standard commands to get yourself a Gnome
session or KDE desktop. if that's what you prefer.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way