XDMCP Broadcast

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Thu Mar 4 13:33:13 GMT 2004

"Sevan / Venture37" <venture37 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> can anyone point me in the direction of a decent howto on getting freebsd
> 5.2 to xdmcp broadcast so I can use it with hummingbird exceed?

Presuming you want X on 5.2 to respond to XDMCP broadcast..

- I think you need to have xdm server running in the background

- You need to add permissions for it to respond to the broadcast
  from the clients, I think usually done on an IP/network/anything
  basis, see /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess as a starting point.

-Paul-

--
Paul Civati <paul.civati(at)xensia.com> www.xensia.net
Xensia, London UK - Quality UK Hosting Services - 0870 321 2855