ghost/clone

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Mon Jun 28 17:10:17 BST 2004

Martin Hepworth wrote:

> http://partimage.org/
>

> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

> Grant wrote:
>
>> Matt Dawson wrote:

>>> Have a look at G4U, Ghost for Unix, which does exactly what you need.
>>>
>>> http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
>>>

>> Brilliant! thats what i need!
>>
>> But a few problems with that is that i was hopping to clone my laptop
>> as well as my other pc's... but on their site they say "g4u does
>> currently not support a lot of laptop/notebook hardware
>> (PCMCIA/CardBus, FireWire), sorry."  is there a way i could recompile
>> the kernel they use and add in support for my laptop and PCMCIA
>> cards, so i could clone my laptop, oh and a few network cards that
>> arnt supported by it... unless i buy cards that are supported... that
>> wouldnt cost that much i guess....
>>
>> Sorry if this is a bit off topic...
>>
>> Thanks again :)
>> Grant.

> the system manager.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

ummmm partimage is a great program... but i cant get it to compile or
work on freebsd, so i would have to use the boot floppy/cd which is what
i am trying to get away from as i dont want the server have to be reset
and booted from cd or floppy just so i could image a few pc's... unless
i have missed something about it?

Thanks
Grant.