ghost/clone

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Mon Jun 28 16:41:41 BST 2004

Matt Dawson wrote:

>On Monday 28 Jun 2004 12:00, freebsd-users-request at uk.freebsd.org wrote:
>

>>I was looking around today and have found a few programs that allow
>>ghosting and imaging of drives but theses are for windows, i was
>>wondering what is there in terms of cloning a whole drive or machine to
>>something like an FTP server.
>>

>Have a look at G4U, Ghost for Unix, which does exactly what you need.
>
>http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

Brilliant! thats what i need!

But a few problems with that is that i was hopping to clone my laptop as
well as my other pc's... but on their site they say "g4u does currently
not support a lot of laptop/notebook hardware (PCMCIA/CardBus,
FireWire), sorry."  is there a way i could recompile the kernel they use
and add in support for my laptop and PCMCIA cards, so i could clone my
laptop, oh and a few network cards that arnt supported by it... unless i
buy cards that are supported... that wouldnt cost that much i guess....

Sorry if this is a bit off topic...

Thanks again :)
Grant.