ghost/clone

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Sun Jun 27 19:23:22 BST 2004

Hi,

I was looking around today and have found a few programs that allow
ghosting and imaging of drives but theses are for windows, i was
wondering what is there in terms of cloning a whole drive or machine to
something like an FTP server.

What i have is a few pc's that are configured just how i like, but when
i tinker with them i am scared that i will mess them right up, so i was
hoping to image them, then i can restore them later.

The programs i have seen though require me to run the server from a boot
floppy/cd and then do the same on each client, i was hopping to find
something that will just run on the server (freebsd of cors ;)) and then
the clients maybe a floppy boot and then image to the server :)

Thanks in advance.
Grant.