Use both cpu...

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Wed Jun 23 16:17:01 BST 2004

Antony T Curtis wrote:

>On Thu, 2022-06-23 at 13:01, Grant wrote:
>

>>Antony T Curtis wrote:
>>

><snip>
>

>>but i did notice that it is using gmake so i added "GMAKE=gmake -j 2"
>>and it worked... well kind of, it fails on the configure so if i comment
>>it out then do the configure then uncomment it for the make it works and
>>uses both cpu's, but surly there must be a better way? or do i have to
>>edit it each time i wanna use both...
>>

>Okay... how about a different tack...
>
>Perhaps try
>
>$ portinstall -m "-j 2" pkgname

Hi,
I get "portinstall: Command not found." when i try it as root and i get
"portinstall: not found" when i try from a normal user, i assume that
means i dont have that installed... i had a look for it as well but i
cant find it using locate... also tried searching ports on freebsd.org
but i couldnt find it there...

Thanks
Grant.