cvs the freebsd way

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 04:40:54 BST 2004

--PPYy/fEw/8QCHSq3

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 10:59:33AM +0100, David Richards wrote:
> In this doc http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freeb=
sd/
> it mentions a few files. I am unable to find those files any where but in
> current cvsroot's that are being used. Also i cant find the cvswrapper.c
> file.

The cvswrapper.c file was in a subdirectory of the CVSROOT directory
called CVSROOT/freebsd/.  We've got several CVSROOT's now, one for each
of ports, src, doc, projects and www.  I'm not sure which one of these
it is in anymore.
=20
> Is the freebsd cvs system still setup like this ?

Probably not.  We recently (at the beginning of the year) split the
repository off onto a separate box and made everyone access it remotely
so that the filesystem wasn't directly available to committers.  This
makes things a lot more secure.  There were certain ramifications of
doing this which meant that we had to make some special changes.

Joe
--=20
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D An eclectic mix of fact an=
d theory. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--PPYy/fEw/8QCHSq3

--PPYy/fEw/8QCHSq3--