Checking domain ns records are pointing to us

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Fri Jun 18 16:02:49 BST 2004

--8S1fMsFYqgBC+BN/

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:18:52AM +0100, Dave Tiger wrote:
> Hi List,
>=20
> Is the a way of checking that each domain we host has its ns record point=
ing
> to us without having to nslookup -q=3Dns domain.com each one.

If you're doing it this way, make sure that you're not querying your own
server.  It's a silly point, but one easily forgotten ;-)

> Is there a script or function that can do this and tell us which ones are
> not point to our ns servers ?

Verisign used to send out a nameserver report for domains hosted with
them on request.  What you may find is that your name servers have more
than one handle, so make sure you catch them all.

Other registrars presumably have a similar service.

Ceri
--=20
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.

--8S1fMsFYqgBC+BN/

--8S1fMsFYqgBC+BN/--