OT: FreeBSD consulting rates

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Wed Jun 16 11:08:26 BST 2004

Hi all,

A company run by a friend-of-a-friend might want me to do a bit of BSD
consultancy work for them -- just setting up a mail exchanger to sit
between their Exchange server and the 'net, as far as I know.

I know a lot of you do this kind of thing for a living -- what sort of
ballpark hourly rate would you expect to charge for a job like that?
It's a one-off thing for me, so whatever I get out of it is profit, but
on the other hand I don't want to rip myself off...

Cheers,

        Scott