Network card issues

Antony T Curtis antony.t.curtis at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 16 09:40:39 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 21:28, Ben Maynard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with a freebsd installation, the version is 5.2.1, the
> machine has 3 nic cards ste0, xl0, ndis0 (ndis0 being a wireless card).
>
> I am only using 2 of the cards, ste0 and ndis0, I am using the machine
> to route traffic from one half of my lan to the other.

<snip>

> Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening, I am wanting to
> bring the 2 halves of my lan to the same ip range but because of this I
> am unable to.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Have a look at /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether_bridge

You would only need to assign an IP address to one of the interfaces and
leave the other without an IP address and the netgraph modules will
bridge packets from both networks together.

You can even do really weird/fun stuff... Like bridging over IP.

--
Antony T Curtis <antony.t.curtis at ntlworld.com>