Change motherboard?

Duncan Barclay dmlb at dmlb.org
Sun Jun 6 18:42:20 BST 2004

From: "Kevin O'Connor" <kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 11:37 AM

If you have a custom kernel, then make sure that it has been built to
support both CPUs that you are using. If not, build a new one before
swapping or have a GENERIC kernel around.

Duncan, who didn't realise when upgrading from a CPU_i586 to CPU_i686 and
changed motherboards two more times than needed...