Change motherboard?

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Sun Jun 6 11:27:13 BST 2004

Hey,

I just got myself a brand new motherboard (friend ordered wrong one and
dont want to send it back) for my freebsd box, what i was wondering is
if i can just take the old board out and just shove the new one in
without freebsd moaning about things missing (like windoze) or can i
just change it and it will boot up and work as if it was on the old board ?

The boards do have different chip sets other than that i cant see any
difference... but the reason i want to change the board is the one i
have is a little worn... the PCI slots are now very slack so cards dont
sit very well...

Thanks.
Grant.