Domain name usage question ?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 19:20:33 BST 2004

I hate to say this but what you are trying will confuse DNS.  Your DNS
server is setup to be authoritative for the domain example.com  a node
cannot have the same name as the domain. named.conf should have an entry
Like
Zone "examble.org" {
type master;
file "example.org"

what you are attempting to do is add a node called example to the domain
.org which is a root zone.
So all in all a bad idea. If you try it on the internet you will find
http://somedomain.com redirected to http://www.somedomain.com
If you could tell us why you want to do this perhaps a more appropriate
solution could be suggested.

Regards
Kevin