Domain name usage question ?

Steven Purdy steve at reftech.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 11:35:32 BST 2004

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Before getting too tied down with which is at fault, can you ping A and
CNAME records that you have created?<br>
I.E. Is DNS working before you get started on troubleshooting Apache? <br>
If it's DNS, is anything showing in /var/log/messages after you perform
your ndc reload?<br>
Is this running live on the net or is it on your local network?<br>
Steve<br>
Dave Tiger wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi Steve,

I have done this and restarted bind / apache to make the changes active but
something is not working.

Http.conf

example.com IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
www IN CNAME example.com.

Virtual host

ServerName <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.example.com">www.example.com</a>
ServerAlias <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.example.com">www.example.com</a> example.com

Could it be the ServerName ?

Any further help or advise is appreciated.

It’s the major dilemma of the day for my boss... :-)

Thank you

Dave Carrera