Domain name usage question ?

Steven Purdy steve at reftech.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 09:31:57 BST 2004

1) In your httpd.conf  (Virtual Hosts declaration) add the line:
ServerAlias www.example.com example.com example.net www.example.net

2) In your DNS Zone file make the "A" record point to example.com and
add a "CNAME" for www to point at example.com
E.G.
example.com   IN A   x.x.x.x
www               IN   CNAME   example.com.    (Note the trailing dot)

Hope that answers the question

Steve Purdy
RefTech Services Limited