help with X server configuration

Andrew andrew at auliya.org
Thu Jun 3 14:08:17 BST 2004

Hello,

---------
I have installed FreeBSD in my computer i386 and have reach the final =
stage=20
of configuration for the x server, but after confirming to load

"xf86cfg fully graphical xfree86 configuration tool"

I was prompted with an error message "out of frequency range H:74.9KHz=20
V:59.9Hz"
---------

More detail please! Are you just trying to start xf86cfg, or are you
starting X with startx?

The point of xf86cfg is to find a suitable configuration, so it should =
give
you at least some output. What graphics card and monitor are you =
installing
onto?

A dmesg, and the output of /var/log/XFree86.{largest number}.log, would =
be
handy too.

Cheers,

Andrew