Should I update/updgrade/stay?

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Tue Jun 1 10:52:34 BST 2004

Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> [...]
hey all!

update...

I got ports to update... and i told it to upgrade what is installed...
*most* of it upgraded without any problems, but i have noticed a
problem, once i upgraded the ports "portupgrade" disappeared and wouldnt
work, so i went and did a make install again, but it told me it was
allready installed, which it was before the upgrade.

so it told me to do a make deinstall or a make reinstall, the reinstall
didnt work, so i had to deinstall then make install, is this normal for
a port update/upgrade? i also had to do it for expat for apache to
upgrade, is there a way i can make it more automated?

but most of the packages upgraded perfect, the command i used was
"portupgrade -arR" which was meant to satisfy the dependancys? or have i
got the wrong option?

Thank again.
Grant.