Encryption

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Fri Jul 30 22:24:22 BST 2004

John Murphy wrote:

>Grant <orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org> wrote:
>

>>I was wondering what is there in the world of freebsd to offers
>>encrypting drive, so that is one was stolen no one would be able to read
>>or use the information on the drive.
>>

>There's a paper by Poul-Henning Kamp on GBDE you may find interesting.
>Available from his "real" home page at http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/

Hi,

Very good read, bit complex... i dont really want to encrypt it THAT
much... basic encryption is enough for me :)

Its just in case someone gets hold of the USB2 drive mainly as thats
going to have my main info on and the main places i will be moving it to
and from dont have people that know what they are doing to break the
simple encryption, its just mainly to make me feel a little bit saffer
if i forget the drive one day...

The server encryption is just in case someone borrows something out it :(

Anyways, Thanks :)
Grant.