Encryption

Grant orbman at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Fri Jul 30 21:30:03 BST 2004

Hi,

I was reading a few linux posts about encrypting hard drives and it got
me thinking about my own data on my servers and other boxen.

I was wondering what is there in the world of freebsd to offers
encrypting drive, so that is one was stolen no one would be able to read
or use the information on the drive.

Another question is, i got myself a new USB2 caddy + 80gb drive, i was
wondering what filesystem would be best for me to use, as this drive has
got to switch between linux and freebsd systems, i would prefer
something where say i remove the drive without unmounting, i dont currpt
the whole thing or loose anything allready there and if i can get
encryption on it as well... i know its a lot to ask... :P but someone
might be able to help with parts :)

Thanks
Grant.

ps = The drive at the moment has JFS filesystem, i havnt tried accessing
it on Freebsd yet, but the FS could easily be changed as the drive hasnt
got much on it.