Hostname-based filtering?

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Wed Jul 14 12:17:19 BST 2004

Hiya

The company I work for has a Borderware firewall which can do selective
port forwarding based on hostname.  For example, if

host1.blah.com

and

host2.blah.com

both point to the same IP address, then you can filter traffic based on
whether it was directed at 'host1' or 'host2'.

Does FreeBSD/ipfw offer this kind of functionality?  What I'd like to do
is forward traffic received via a particular hostname to another machine -
Borderware firewalls can do similar to pass traffic through to a machine
on an auxiliary port.

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com