Promise FastTrak S150 SX4

Alex Dyas alex.dyas at psineteurope.com
Tue Jul 13 08:26:00 BST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a Promise FastTrak S150 SX4 serial ATA RAID controller working
under 5.2.1 without much success.  The little I can find via google suggests it
might work for RAID 0+1, I'm not interested in RAID 5 at the moment.

This comes up while booting:

pci0: <mass storage, RAID> at device 15.0 (no driver attached)

which doesn't fill me with confidence.  Apart from that I can't see any evidence
of the drive(s) once FreeBSD has started.  'atacontrol list' doesn't report it.
  I've combed through the kernel config and rebuilt using what should in theory
work, (device pci,device ata,device ataraid) but no luck.

Anyone have any hints/tips/experience before I flog it and get something that
does work?  All I'm interested in at the moment is a 2 * SATA drive mirrored setup.

Cheers,

Alex..