ms Exchange alternative (Dovecot)

Mark Stewart Mark.Stewart at bacs.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:13:15 GMT 2004

I'm using uw-imapd + sendmail at home and get about 500 - 1000 mails a day =
- collecting these from outlook using IMAP is very sluggish and takes about=
 5 mins.

I am running a p133 32 ram mailserver though :)

I have never used dovecot - i'll do a quick install from the ports this wee=
k and see how it compares ... however I think most admins use uw-imapd !

Mark