ms Exchange alternative

James Read james at physicalsegment.com
Tue Jan 27 18:31:15 GMT 2004

Simon Dick wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 14:14, Sam wrote:
>> Yep, postfix + cyrus is definitely a winner. As for groupware, if you
>> find one that really works, please let me know ;)
>
> Have to admit, I like exim and dovecot

Yep yep , same setup here, Exim and Dovecot, does the job easy as pie,
doesnt take long to setup, all maildir'ed up. Main use of exim is its easy
to get going, doesnt have any dependances like qmail does (as in ucspi-tcp
etc) and also that it does server side mail filtering (like Communigate
does), also have mailscanner and f-prot installed from the ports so that it
scans for 'viruses' and all that lark.

I'm not aware if qmail does this or even postfix for that matter - can
anyone comment on server side mta/imap filtering apart from the use of
procmail and its scary syntax?

James.

believed to be clean.