ms Exchange alternative

Phil John phil at budgetwebdesign.biz
Tue Jan 27 14:40:32 GMT 2004

A client of mine is using courier (they like the fact that it's an
integrated system, i.e. everything from the same "vendor").

IIRC there's also some rudimentary support (or there will be soon) for
calendaring.

Its got an smtp, pop, imap and webmail module, plus one for scanning
messages (a la procmail).

Tried to see if it was in ports, but I keep getting gateway timeouts on =
the
search page on FreeBSD.org (my office FreeBSD gateway/mail server is
currently awaiting a new PSU so I can't check there for you!).  Its =
probably
in /usr/ports/mail/courier

Lots of people also use the imap, pop and webmail from courier but have
Postfix as their mtu (me included) and that seems like a rock-solid =
set-up.
There are quite a few howtos on google for that kind of set-up so even =
if
you are fairly new to the unix world theres a step by step guide you can
follow (and the best way of learning is by doing! :o)

At the end of the day, the best thing would be to do what sam says, try =
them
all and see which one is the best fit (ah...isn't it grand that removing
packages is a sinch with FreeBSD :o)

Phil.