network performance measuring

Duncan Barclay dmlb at dmlb.org
Mon Jan 26 21:04:56 GMT 2004

Hi

We've (a company I'm involved with) had a satellite network link installed
in the past few weeks (office in the middle of nowhere) but it doesn't seem
very "broadband". In fact, the throughput seems really bad.

As such I'd like to gather some statistics about the data going over the
link so that we can "question" our supplier.

Any recommendations as to good point testing tools and tools to log traffic
on the link over a period of time and to extract useful measures from it.

Thanks

Duncan