cs server

Ian MacDonald ian at ianm.net
Wed Jan 21 15:25:12 GMT 2004

HI.

You might be better off using screen. You can then disconnect from the screen session and reconnect again later. I believe the problem is the session in interactive as you can issue commands to the cs instance via a cli.

There is a howto from the cs server site: http://server.counter-strike.net/server.php?cmd=howto&show=screen

You should be able to build screen from misc/screen in your ports tree.

There is also a section on there for running cs as a "non-root" user.

As for the logging, this sounds like a problem I saw but that was 2 years ago and can not recall if we fixed it. You might want to check permissions on the files/directories it is trying to write as.  You might also want to look in the linux compat directory tree for your logs (normally /usr/compat/linux).

Thanks.

Ian.