members locations...

Geraint A Edwards gedge-lists at yadn.org
Wed Jan 14 13:31:05 GMT 2004

Several people said:
> meets! (Cardiff / Manchester / Portsmouth)

Where to begin...

Hi (Gerald), there are a handful of BSD folk in Cardiff itself.
Myself, Paul Richards and Ceri Davies (who all worked together)
had the inaugural BSD meeting in a pub in Cardiff town centre a
year or so ago.

Last June, this was followed by the FreeBSD tenth anniversary
bash, held in Cardiff, the pics are now at a new URL:

        http://www.yadn.org/cgi-bin/gedge/llun/freebsd10

(Ceri was also there, but rather early, so went home for a snooze
before the curry - and before I got my camera out, sadly).

Since then, the Cardiff threesome have gone their separate ways
(employment-wise) and there's been no further activity.  It may
be time to stir us up again!  How about something early in
February - say on the w/e of 6/7/8th - all welcome (and it's near
Paul's birthday, too!)?  We could even plan a delegation ;-) to
(say) Manchester, if that looks likely.

Looking a little further ahead, I am planning to go to the UKUUG
Winter Conference (www.ukuug.org) with a FreeBSD-using friend
from Neath - it's in Bournemouth on the 25/26th Feb.  I believe
that's not too far from Portsmouth...?  Anyone else going/near?

	sorry if this e-mail appears twice - I posted the above from a
	non-subbed address and the list moderator never seems to
	approve or reject such posts, even though I'm told they have
	it for their attention.  list manager, are you listening?

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge") gedge at serf.org  http://serf.org/gedge/