Jail-based Services in the UK

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Mon Jan 12 00:01:46 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,

On 11 Jan 2004, at 22:26, Andrew Boothman wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> Does anybody know of a good provider of jail(8)-based services?

Exonetric (http://www.exonetric.com) can provide both jail
(25GBP/month) and
colo (40GBP/month) services.  However, I speak as a very interested
party
(director/co-owner of Exonetric).

I believe that http://www.jvds.net also does jail services, but seems
to quote prices in USD.

http://www.paul.sladen.org/colo also list 3 of the less expensive
co-lo providers in Telehouse, and Qix (http://www.qix.co.uk) provide
Telehouse co-lo as well.

I believe there are a few other appropriately sized hosting providers
known to this list.

> I've always wanted to run a server for my own projects, but
> co-location requires deeper pockets than mine...
>
> I'd prefer somewhere UK-based, but a good one anywhere would be nice.
> Some Googling turned up some possibilities, but first hand experience
> from someone is always so much better when considering things like
> this.
>
> I'm sure I've seen this discussed on this list before, but a look back
> through the archives didn't turn up anything too useful.

Cheers
Mark
----
Exonetric               "The affordable, flexible Internet hosting
provider"
http://www.exonetric.com				     Telehouse colo. 40UKP+VAT/month