ls mystery

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 20:34:11 GMT 2004

> I think it's an alias/variable in my environment that's screwing it
> up, namely:
>
> alias ls='ls -G'
> Maybe you could see if you can replicate that behaviour on 4.9
> RELEASE. If so, I'll file a pr, assuming one hasn't been filed
> already.

I just tried to replicate the bahvious on -RELEASE and it doesnt do it
for me I am afraid. I have tried using bash and also /bin/sh and /bin/csh

On all of them I get the expected behaviour that 'ls somedir' shows 'somefile'
properly. The lack of 'x' bits on the directory prevents me from changing
into it, but I can still see the files.

-bat.