Racoon and Draytek

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 16:49:20 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience (or success) setting up a VPN
connection between a Draytek 'broadband router' and FreeBSD ... ?

At home I have broadband and I use a Draytek Vigor2600 as my gateway. This
device handles IPSec etc.
At work I have a FreeBSD 4.9 box that I'm already using quite happily aling
with racoon to connect networks. I'd really like to be able to connect my
home network (Windows) to my work network via an encrypted VPN using the
Draytek at home and FreeBSD/racoon at work ...

I've seen that there is a utility called 'VaporSec' for the Mac OS that
claims to enable the setup of Draytek => racoon, but I just can't get it to
successfully negotiate a connection.

Regards,

Steve.