802.11g and 5.X

Simon Dick simond at irrelevant.org
Thu Feb 12 14:01:27 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:52, Dimitrios wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:41:52 +0000 "Simon Dick" <simond at irrelevant.org> wrote:
>
> > I've just ordered a $99 mini pci a/b/g card recently, just crossing my
> > fingers that it'll work, it's an atheros chipset at least :)
>
> by mini pci do you mean its one of those mini-pci cards used in IBM ThinkPads?

Yep

> my A31p wireless mini-pci is only 'b', and i'm planning on moving to 'g' at
> some point. Since you mention the price in dollars, does that mean you
> got it from the states and not UK?

Yeah, not really found anywhere in particular to get mini pci cards in
the UK, and as it uses the atheros chipset which is apparently well
supported, I thought I may as well risk it:
http://www.discountechnology.com/

If anyone wants a 802.11b mini pci card that works fine with freebsd let
me know after I get my new one and get it working :)